Thursday, December 30, 2010

Resolution Time


Here comes another new year. I usually don’t make New Year's Eve resolutions. Instead, I try to fix as I go. However, for the last few months, I’ve been too involved in revising a first draft of a novel. I have neglected any and all necessary changes (a.k.a resolutions). So, this New Year's Eve, I’m going to break away from my own tradition and set forth a few resolutions for 2011. Here they are (and no, they have nothing to do with diet or exercise):

To begin with, I'm going to clean up my email boxes. Ugh, this is what I call “a project,” meaning a time consuming pain in my tail. Am I the only one who keeps an email in the box until the event or whatever the email is about has been completed or resolved? For the last few months, I haven’t deleted anything. And I have four email addresses. Imagine the fun.

Next, I really must pay more attention to my Facebook pages (one for me and one for each of my novels). I’ll admit it: I've been focusing on Twitter and neglecting Facebook. I need to get back in the Facebook game.

Also, I resolve to finish the novel in progress. I’m not sure completing this project counts as a true resolution since this has always been my plan, but listing this goal inspires me. After all the chaos of the holiday season, I’ll take all the inspiration I can get.

I will read more wonderful books, too. Once again, because I’ve been all about the work in progress, the height of my To Be Read pile is starting to rival the Empire State Building. I really miss snuggling up with a great book. This resolution should be easy to keep.

Okay, I think that’s about it for me. How about you? Do you make new years resolutions? Care to share one or two?

Happy, happy new year to you all!

Cheers to 2011!

Let’s make it a great year!

12 comments:

  1. Oh Cynthia - I need to clean out my email boxes, too. I keep things, like, forever and have about 1300 or so in one of them. Geez - what a packrat!

    And my new year's resolution - I'm actually going to blog about it - is to try and find JOY in my life - every. single. day.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, I love the find joy resolution! I'll stop by your blog to read more about this. Happy New Year to you, too! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your resolutions. I haven't really set any this year. I'm kind of in a rut. I don't even know where to begin with which resolutions to focus on.

    Have a Happy and productive 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck! All mine are boring stuff - the same every year - diet and excercise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Christy, I know that rut feeling. Here's hoping you spring out of it sooner rather than later!

    And good luck to you, Terry! Paying attention to the diet and the exercise is never a bad thing, right? ; )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will you tell me your favorite MG reads as you work through your TBR pile? Or even old ones? I got some G&N gift cards this year but don't want to go buying willy nilly...a recommendation usually means a worthy buy.

    and, my resolution? to get this WIP done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oops...meant B&N, not G&N. Slippery fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with you on getting the WIP done, Tess! And as for some of my fave MG reads, here are a few: WHEN YOU REACH ME, THE GRAVEYARD BOOK, THE UNDERNEATH, A DOG'S LIFE, and the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. On top of my TBR MG pile--the Wimpy Kid books. Stay tuned for more! : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck on cleaning up your email. Mine is now creeping toward four digit numbers. Hoping to complete some projects and start editing others.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness what a fine resolution! At least you made one or two. As for me..... well... taking better care of me is what I really need to do and I plan to do just that. Wishing you all the best as you step forward to do all that you have in your heart to do. Thanks so much for being a support and friend. I am looking for great things for the both of us in 2011!!! Run to your destiny Cynthia!
    Hugs
    V

    ReplyDelete
  11. I did the email thing this past year. I have 4 accouts, and two were overrun with spam...like thousands of messages. What a task...but worth it. Now, can I stay on top of them? That is the question.

    I don't do resolutions, but i'm determined to be more productive this year. :)

    Have a great week!

    Angela @ The Bookshelf Muse

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm selfishly happy that I am not the only one with out of control email boxes. Misery does love company. : ) Cleaning them up is daunting, isn't it? And yes, staying on top of them once they're cleaned up--that's another level of accomplishment, Angela.

    And V, always so wonderful to hear from you! I love your line: "Run to your destiny" Ahh, what a great thought for 2011!

    Thanks so much for stopping by, everyone! Here's to great productivity and creativity in 2011!

    ReplyDelete