Thursday, December 23, 2010

Holiday Quotes


The holiday chaos in the Willis household is shifting into a high gear. So, today I will leave you with a few wonderful holiday quotes before I disappear for a few days. Enjoy!

“Summer fading, winter comes—

Frosty mornings, tingling thumbs,

Window robins, winter rooks,

And the picture story-books.”

~ Robert Louis Stevenson


“I heard the bells on Christmas Day,

Their old, familiar carols play,

And wild and sweet

The words repeat

Of peace on earth, good-will to men!”

~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow


“No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.”

~ AESOP


“I will honor Christmas in my heart, 
and try to keep it all the year.”

~Charles Dickens


From Home to home, and heart to heart, from one place to another. The warmth and joy of Christmas, brings us closer to each other. 


~ Emily Matthews


I heard him exclaim, ‘ere he drove out of sight,
"Happy Christmas to all, and

to all a good-night!"

~ Clement Clarke Moore


Wishing you all a very merry Christmas! Even if you don’t celebrate Christmas, I hope your day is merry and bright.


5 comments:

  1. Hope you are having a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas, Cynthia! Tomorrow I am forcing myself to organize and put the new toys in their proper places! So much Christmas clutter but my kids are having a blast with their new things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your Holidays are going well. Happy New Years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you as well, Cynthia! I love the quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the wonderful comments everyone! And I know what you mean about organizing and putting things away, Kelly. I've been busy sorting through all the Christmas clutter and trying to get the home back in order. It's all part of the fun.

    ReplyDelete