Thursday, May 13, 2010

Dog Gone Good News

Good news! THRILLING news! Forgive me, but I just have to share:

Dog Gone has been selected to be included in the fabulous line up of Scholastic Book Club selections!

Now, I don’t know about you, but some of my best in-school memories are of picking and ordering books from the Scholastic Book Club flyers. And oh, the thrill when the books arrived in all their shiny glory. When I got the news about Dog Gone and Scholastic, I immediately went back to my elementary school self. To think that readers could be picking “the dog” (as it is fondly referred to around here) and getting excited when the books hit their hands… well, that’s dog gone fantastic.

Happy! : )

7 comments:

  1. WOW!!! That's so AWESOME! I used to LOVE looking through those lists to order my next books. You should be very proud of yourself. May I ask, how does one get on this list? Did you submit it for selection?
    I'm so thrilled for you - you will be making lots of new fans happy when their copies come in the mail! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, thank you!!! All the credit for making this happen goes to my wonderful publisher, Feiwel and Friends. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really fantastic news. Can you imagine? You must be so thrilled! And, the title and cover are so appealing (and the story, too - of course) but I know kids will see that cute cover and clever title and buy that book!!

    hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Shannon and Tess! It is fantastic news. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Cynthia!!!!! I'm doing the happy dance. It's in my chair, but it's the happy dance none the less he he he he he! THIS IS AWESOMEEEEEEE!!! Coy and I are looking to get a copy to take with us on our little trip. I know it will be a great read. We'll pass it down to the little ones after we devour it LOL!!!! Thanks for sharing your awesome new with. Dr. Lipshitz sends regards as well. He is resting now. The creature didn't take to kindly to the rectal thermometer thingee. Kicked the poor Dr.'s face off. Oh the horror! LOL! Well, I send you hugs from the OR. I'll let you know how Dr. Lipshitz is fairing! Until then, take care and Congrats once again!
    This is the best!
    hugs
    V

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Vanessa! And I'm glad to hear that the good doctor is resting. No surprise that the creature gave him a ferocious kick. Your amazing illustration implied that something was about to happen. Those nurses sure looked as if they knew what was coming! I love your art!
    Hugs back to you and Coy!

    ReplyDelete