Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Hurray for Grandparents! Hurray for GRAND Magazine!

Have you heard of GRAND magazine? I hadn’t until about six months ago, but what a great concept. GRAND is a magazine geared toward providing information and inspiration to grandparents of all ages and in all stages of life. In GRAND Magazine and through GRANDmagazine.com, the joys and challenges of relationships with grandchildren are celebrated. How cool is that?

I think grandparents are incredibly special and wonderful and just plain fabulous. I love seeing grandparents interacting with their grandchildren. Some of the best times of my kitten-hood were spent with my grandparents. I adored each them. My grandfather Chapman, in particular, taught me the value of first drafts. He always wrote rough copies of his correspondences prior to the final versions. I remember watching him at his big, clunky desk and being absolutely fascinated with what he was doing. I swear he had something to do with me becoming a writer.

That’s why I think it’s really great that there is a magazine that recognizes the important role that grandparents play in the lives of their grandchildren. And that’s why I am honored to have Dog Gone and Buck Fever highlighted in GRANDS this week. Thank you, GRANDS.

http://grandmagazine.com/article.asp?id=202

3 comments:

  1. Seriously? How very cool! Both the mag and the fact that your books are featured in it. A great gift idea for Christmas, I am thinking...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that does sound cool! Congrats on having your titles featured in this magazine! I this is a magazine my mother would like . . . I'm going to look into it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for your comments, Tess and Crystal! I was thinking that this magazine would make a great gift, too!

    ReplyDelete